TORONTO, July 8, 2020 /CNW/ – Assante Wealth Management (Canada) Ltd. (“Assante”) is pleased to announce that Tina Tehranchian, Senior Wealth Advisor in Richmond Hill, Ontario, is the first Canadian to be selected as Top Senior Wealth Advisor of the Year by the International Association of Top Professionals (“IAOTP”).
“On behalf of our colleagues at Assante, I congratulate Tina on her well-earned recognition as a Top Senior Wealth Advisor with the IAOTP,” said Sean Etherington, President of Assante. “Her impact on the community cannot go unmentioned as she’s helped Canadians become more financially savvy and made extensive contributions to charitable causes – all while establishing herself as a trailblazer in finance, traditionally a male-dominated space.”
The IAOTP names a select few members as Top Senior professionals in each discipline based on their professional accomplishments, academic achievements, leadership abilities, longevity in the field and contributions to their communities.
“As a woman of diverse cultural background, being the first Canadian recognized by the IAOTP for this accolade feels especially momentous,” said Ms. Tehranchian. “I’m passionate about helping Canadians navigate their finances and giving back to the community, especially through female-to-female mentorship and as a volunteer board member and fundraiser for a number of charitable organizations.”
In addition to being named Top Senior Wealth Advisor, Ms. Tehranchian has been recognized through multiple awards, including the following:
- Female Trailblazer of the Year Award – Wealth Professional Awards (2020): Finalist
- Canadian Advisor of the Year Award – Wealth Professional Awards (2020): Finalist
- Financial Adviser of the Year Award – Women in Finance Canada (2019): Winner
- The International Alliance for Women (TIAW) World of Difference Award (2019): Winner
- Assante Community Leadership Award (2019): Winner
- Brilliant Minded Women Foundation’s Award for Supporting the Arts (2017): Winner
- Iranian Canadian Council’s Inaugural Simorgh Award for outstanding contribution to the Iranian Canadian community (2016): Winner
- Businesswomen Network of York Region’s Award in Community Engagement and Philanthropy and Literacy (2016): Winner
- Senecans of Distinction Award (2013): Winner
- Distinction – FP Canada™ Fellow (formerly Fellow of FPSC™) – Tina Tehranchian is among the first-ever group of Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) professionals in Canada to receive the Fellow of FPSC™ distinction from the Financial Planners Standards Council in 2011. This is a distinction that formally recognizes individuals who have helped advance FPSC’s vision of seeing Canadians improve their lives by engaging in financial planning.
Since 2000, Ms. Tehranchian has assisted in raising over $2 million for various charitable organizations, including donating her time and expertise to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation. She has served as a Director and Trustee of distinguished charitable and non-profit boards and currently holds the position of Planned Giving Consultant for The Donor Motivation Program and Director of Art Canada Institute.